9.05.2011

20 weeks... HALFWAY!!!

How far along: 20 weeks (September 1, 2011)

Size of baby: 
Photo Credit: The Bump
Interesting Facts: Week 19- Your baby is now around the size of a large tomato. He is approximately 6 inches long and weighs almost 8 1/2 ounces now! This is a very important time in terms of sensory development. Inside your baby’s brain, certain areas are being specialized for smell, touch, taste, hearing and vision. Another big development in the last week, hair may finally be sprouting from his scalp. By 19 weeks, the uterus is developed in the female and the testes and penis are easily identifiable in males.
   Week 20- Your baby is now about the length of a cantaloupe^. Can you believe it? He is now around 6 ½ inches long and weighs almost 10 1/2 ounces! {*Gabe already surpassed this at 11 oz. at 19 weeks!}. Your baby can also hear sounds. At 20 weeks, he can cover his ears with his hands if the sounds are too loud and he may even "jump" inside your womb if any sounds startle him.
     He is also moving around a lot inside you. Remember, if this is your first pregnancy or if you have a larger frame, you may not yet feel these movements. If you haven’t felt anything yet, you should in the coming weeks. Many times, these first movements are described as a flutter, or may feel like bubbles or gas. If you can feel your baby moving and shifting inside of you this week, you may be becoming aware of her sleep cycles.
     Credit: Planning Family

Maternity Clothes: Yes, but I was impressed that I wore a pair of my regular shorts out & about, completely unbuttoned and unzipped! I haven't bought one of those Belly Bands yet, so my long cami tanks come in handy.

Gender: little BOY!!!!!!!! Gabriel Turner :)

Movement: Baby Gabriel is active for a few hours starting ~2-3:00am! In the middle of the night on Sunday, August 21st, I felt a kick on my hand for the first time!!!! I had to work the next night, but then that Tuesday night, Perry felt two kicks!!!!!! I sensed that he was half awake so I took his hand and put it on my stomach... wait... wait... Did you feel it?!! What a cool, unforgettable moment!

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach.

Symptoms: Achy back in general, plus sharp pains way down at my sacrum; leg cramps; easily fatigued and short of breath; hunger!

Cravings: Nothing in particular.

Best moment of the week: Celebrating my man's birthday; Seeing our little man again on ultrasound; getting confirmation that what-was-stressing-me-out last week is no longer a worry- it completely went away! God gets all the credit. It was not a little thing, I can tell you that.

What we are looking forward to: Painting the nursery; The second 1/2 of the pregnancy!!!; Fall.

20 week belly picture:

0 comments:

Post a Comment