9.18.2011

22 weeks

How far along: 22 weeks (September 15, 2011)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: The Bump

Photo Credit: Baby Center
Interesting Facts: At 11 inches, the length of a spaghetti squash^ (or papaya, pictured first, according to The Bump) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily. During month five, the average fetus measures about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and weighs about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces.
     Credit: BabyCenter & The Bump

Maternity Clothes: Yes. I'm loving my new maternity skinny jeans {that sounds contradictory to me- hah!}. Still able to wear quite a few of my regular tops. For work, my Mom gave me some larger scrubs in case I need them! A few tops are getting tight (scrubs have no "give" to them!) and a couple pairs of pants drive me crazy because they sit too high on my belly! 

Gender: BOY!!!

Movement: Yes, loving it! I have a pretty good idea of his sleep cycles now. Perry has felt his movement a lot more, too!

What I miss: Deli meat.

Sleep: I said it before and I'll say it again. Sleep is good! 

Symptoms: Dry, itchy skin and all the same as last week- Stiff, aching pain in my hips, especially after 3 nights of work; Round ligament pain; The worst is the pain in my sacrum that I found to be called "posterior pelvic pain". Add in a mood swing and... yeah {sorry babe!}

Other Notes: My belly button is definitely going to be an outie, probably very soon! I'm not really thrilled about this. But no sign of stretch marks {yay!!!}

Cravings: I'm not craving anything in a gotta-have-it way.

What we are looking forward to: The hospital's labor & birth class that I signed us up for in December!; Really getting started decorating the nursery; Talking all things Baby Shower with my Mom {when she gets back from Hawaii, that is... jealous!}

22 week belly pictures:
First I'm not paying any attention to Perry with the camera...



...Then I notice him pointing it at me and *blush* ♥

1 comments:

Daddy Whitaker said...

I have such a sexy wife!

Post a Comment