9.10.2011

21 weeks

How far along: 21 weeks (September 8, 2011)
*Since I'm in the 2nd half of my pregnancy now, I want to start doing weekly updates as opposed to every two weeks!

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: The Bump

Interesting Facts: Your baby continues to grow and develop inside of you. He now measures approximately 7 inches* long and can weigh up to 13 ounces {*The Bump & my BabyBump phone app have quite a different length for 21w= 10.5"}.
      In the coming weeks, your baby will continue to grow and mature at a fast rate. The hair on his scalp is more visible and by week 21 he has probably developed eyelashes and eyebrows! He is waking and sleeping in regular intervals, which you may be able to tell from his movements. He is also swallowing amniotic fluid to help his digestive system mature for life in the "outside world". His intestines also start slowly relaxing and contracting this week.
     Notice any small, repetitive movements in your abdomen? It may be his first case of the hiccups! Usually, these movements occur for a few minutes at a time. As your baby grows larger, these movements will feel stronger. And remember, all babies are different, some hiccup multiple times a day, and others, only once in awhile.
     Credit: Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: 15 pounds.

Maternity Clothes: Yes, but still wearing some regular tops.

Gender: BOY!!!!!!!!

Movement: Sometimes, when I am completely relaxed, Gabriel "comes to the surface" of my uterus/abdomen. It's the coolest thing!!! Instead of just feeling his kicks through my smooth, rounded belly, I feel {and see!} a big bulge- I think it's his head and/or body, right underneath my skin- like he's right in the palm of my hand!

What I miss: I can't think of anything new. Still missing cold cuts.

Sleep: Okay. Still needing a lot. Still waking up on my stomach on occasion. 

Symptoms: Stiff, aching pain in my hips, especially after 3 nights of work; Tightness and cramps in my lower abdomen & sides... "round ligament pain"?; Bleeding gums; Sharp pain in my sacrum continues.

Cravings: Bacon?!

21 week belly picture:

2 comments:

Adam, April & Aidan said...

Lauren you look so good girlfriend!!! I don't know where that 15lbs is because you are all baby!!!!

The Whitakers said...

Thanks! You are kind :)

Post a Comment