1.05.2012

Doctors Appointments at 37 and 38 Weeks

37 Weeks (on 12/29/11)
We finally met the last doctor in the group would could be with us at delivery! {Technically, there's a 5th who is returning from her own maternity leave in mid-January so there's a small chance she might be working that day or night}. Now Perry & I can stop worrying about ending up with a doctor that we've never met! I asked her to read over my birth plan so she took a few minutes to discuss that with us. I also asked her about the pain in my ribs/cartilage to which she said is most likely the muscles & lining pulling away from the bone. Her response when I asked if there was anything I can do to help it was "have a baby"!

A Few Stats

Baby
Heart Rate: 140
Position: head down- the doctor could feel it!!

Mom
Progress: 50% effaced (which means my cervix has thinned out halfway! YAY!!!)
Weight Gain: 26-27 lbs total
Vital Signs: BP 130's/80's, HR 80's (a little higher than usual... I'm hoping it's just because we took the stairs up! Next time I'm riding the elevator).
Lab Results: negative for Group B Strep = no antibiotics needed at delivery!


38 Weeks (on 1/4/12)
Another good appointment. Gabriel & I are both doing just fine! Perry and I were bummed to find out that there's been no change from last week; the doctor said I'm right where I want to be at 38w, but asked if we were getting impatient. Um, yes!! Knowing that my due date is just 2 weeks away and that he really could decide to come anytime has us excited, anxious, and just plain ready to get this show on the road!

A Few Stats


Baby
Heart Rate: "130 and happy"
Position: head down- the doctor could feel it again!

Mom
Progress: No change
Weight Gain: I'm now at 27 lbs
Vital Signs: Much better this time- I took the elevator instead of the stairs! BP 114/68.

0 comments:

Post a Comment