1.12.2012

39 Weeks

How far along: 39 weeks (January 12, 2012)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: Baby Center

Interesting Facts: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds (a mini watermelon^). Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls. The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.
       Credit: Baby Center

Total Weight Gain: 27-28 lbs.
 
Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: He seems a lot less active this week. It's tight quarters in there. Maybe he's saving his energy for the big day?

Sleep: I've slept horribly this past week. Most nights I fall asleep okay but wake up just a couple hours later and have a hard time getting comfortable to fall back asleep. Up for an hour or two, sleep for an hour or two, repeat. This leaves me exhausted during the day = naps! My back and hips are sore (in a different way than earlier in the pregnancy) so comfort is short-lived before I need to change positions again. And typically I'm up about 4-7 times/night to pee and drink. Poor Perry has had to get used to me moving all around in bed {and grunting!}

Symptoms: Fatigue!! Headaches. Having to pee every 30 minutes.


Other Notes: After it being high again at my doc's appt, I checked my blood pressure at work on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning- 132/85. My "usual" is 115/60-70's... that explains why I'm getting more frequent and sustained headaches lately. I'm praying I don't become hypertensive or have problems with BP when D-day is here!; I lost my mucous plug this morning!!! (Sorry if that's TMI, I want to document everything here!)

Cravings: Water, water, water.

Best moment this week: Date night at Outback {thanks Dad & Kar for the gift card for Christmas!}; Touring the labor & delivery unit at the hospital. Perry said he feels better knowing where to drop me off, park, check-in, and what the rooms look like. Although I had nursing school clinical there, it was nice to see it all again and get information from a patient's point-of-view! 

What we are looking forward to: Gabriel's birth day!!!! When's it gonna be?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment