1.07.2012

38 Weeks

How far along: 38 weeks (January 5, 2012)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: Baby Center

Interesting Facts: Your baby weighs about 6.8 pounds and is over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek^). He probably has reached his birth weight now; most babies weigh somewhere between 6-8 pounds when they are born. Boys are usually longer and heavier than girls. All his internal organs are ready to support him in the outside world. He has also developed healthy amounts of baby fat over the past week and his immune system is developing and will continue to develop after he is born. His fingernails and toenails have reached the end of his fingers and toes and might even need a trim after he is born!
     Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes *like his Daddy*, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel *like me*, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
       Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: 27 pounds.

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: No major change from last week. I've been having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions- my belly gets unbelievably tighter and contorted! Perry & I are mesmerized by the shapes it takes on.

Sleep: Horribly, except when I'm completely drained.

Symptoms: The same burning pain in my upper abdomen; A few sudden, shooting pains in my pelvis and down my legs; Headaches.

Other Notes: I don't even know how to describe my belly button anymore... it's sort of pointy!; I can really tell that Gabriel has "dropped" some; My skin is really itchy from being dry and pulled tight; I haven't noticed any swelling yet and my wedding rings still fit (I'm so glad because I really do not want to have to take them off!)

Cravings: Water. Fruit {pears and oranges}. Raw veggies & dip.

What we are looking forward to: Meeting our son!!!! Touring the hospital on Saturday.

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-I finished packing my hospital bag and Gabriel's diaper bag {thanks Mom & Paul for the Christmas present!!!}
-Perry cleaned & vacuumed out my car and put our bags, the Boppy, breast pump, and everything in there! The only things we'll have to grab as we're running out the door are our pillows, cameras, the laptop, and few other things we can't pack up yet.
-I bought favor bags for the nurses' goodie bags that I want to give out as a "thank you" {I got this idea from a blog that I read, leahandkyleg.blogspot.com!} Still need to buy candy & snacks to fill them.

38 Week Belly Pictures: 

38w3d

0 comments:

Post a Comment