11.25.2011

32 Weeks

How far along: 32 weeks (November 24, 2011... Happy Thanksgiving Day!!!)

Size of baby:

Photo Credit: Baby Center
Interesting Facts: By now, your baby weighs 3.75-4.5 pounds (pick up a large jicama^) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He is sleeping approximately 90 to 95 percent of the day. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth. He will also begin to settle in the head-down position.       
        Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: I feel a lot of kicks, movement, pressure- and just baby!- on my right side. He's still pretty active.

What I miss: A good night's sleep.

Sleep: For a few nights in a row, I slept a couple of hours but then was wide awake for the rest of the night, typically ~3:00 or 4:00am until 7:00am. Where did this insomnia come from?? I've never had a problem sleeping before. Just another perk to being pregnant, I guess! I was so tired but could not fall asleep. It was horrible. My back ached and I felt an excruciating pain when I changed positions. Then, on Monday night, I slept like a baby {no pun intended!}. It felt amazing- I didn't get out of bed until after noon!!!

Symptoms: Heartburn & indigestion! After having 1 slice of pizza at my Mom's, I took the liquid Pepto Bismol {ew}; Aching pain in my ribs (~6-7th, see the pic below). I can't figure out what is causing it or what relieves it! So far, nothing does; Severe pain across my lower back/sacral curve.


Other Notes: I waddle.

Cravings: Ice water.

Best moment this week: Our co-ed baby shower on Saturday!!! We appreciate everyone who came from near & far to celebrate with us and blessed us with wonderful gifts. A big thanks to my in-laws for hosting it!

What we are looking forward to: Getting the finishing touches done in the nursery- wall decor/artwork, washing & putting away everything, etc; My birthday on the 28th!

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-Perry finished painting one side & the back of our house!!!
-We bought a TON of baby things that we still needed with gift cards {thank you if you gave us one!}
-Perry assembled the stroller- we love it! Thank you Mom & Paul!!!
-We installed the car seat & base in the Element!!! I even buckled in a moose stuffed animal that my in-laws gave Gabriel to get the full effect! Pictures to come. The mirror we bought for the headrest doesn't tilt down far enough for us to see baby's face, so we plan to return it.
-I ordered 2 pieces of artwork for the nursery on Etsy. I can't wait until they arrive; one is coming from New Zealand! The other is from Oregon.

2 comments:

Adam, April & Aidan said...

Does your Dr let you take Pepto? I think thats a no no. I only know this from making the same mistake. Of course one time will be fine! Stick with Pepcid! It's a life saver! I used to take it when I started thinking about food during my pregnancy! Haha!

The Whitakers said...

They do actually. I was given a list at my first appointment of "safe" OTC medications by trimester (with the exception of the 1st trimester when they recommend avoiding them). I'm extra careful taking anything- I've taken more Tylenol lately for my back & hips, but still probably only 3-4 doses/week! That was the first time I took Pepto (so I hope I'm okay!!) and have taken Benadryl twice.

Post a Comment