11.14.2011

30 Weeks

How far along: 30 weeks (November 10, 2011)... only 10 more weeks. Crazy!!!

Size of baby:


Interesting Facts: Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage^). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. He now almost fills up your entire uterine cavity and his arms and legs have grown much plumper, thanks to the continued growth of subcutaneous fat. Lanugo, or fine hair that once covered his body, will start falling off this week. His sight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep hisyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
      Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: According to my scale, I've gained a pound {I try to be consistent weighing myself in my birthday suit right after getting out of bed}. That bumps my total to 16 pounds. The scale at my doctor's is really what matters though...

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: Big, even more coordinated rolls, kicks, punches- and bounces!

What I miss: Nothing.

Sleep: This past week I have slept well.

Symptoms: The muscle cramps & back tightness have improved tremendously! (but aren't gone completely); Sore hips at times.  

Other Notes: My belly button is officially an outie. I think it may actually stretch out into a "flatie"!! I'm fortunate to not have any stretch marks or swelling- yet {I hope I didn't just jinx myself}.

Cravings: Still ice, and now ice water! I'm so thirsty. And the ice at work is so so good {it's like Zaxby's- anyone with me?!}

Best moment this week: Celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary on 11/7/2011!!!

What we are looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Monday; Upcoming baby showers!

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-My closet is back together. I now have 2 bars for clothes and love it- one and a half for me, one for Gabriel!
-I finished painting the living room walls & dining room walls and trim!!! *still to do: I need to put another coat of trim paint on the windows {and scrape the windows} in the DR*
-Perry changed out more of the receptacles around the house, replaced the outlet covers after the paint dried, and sprayed a fresh coat of paint on the vent covers.
-I scrubbed the (exterior) windows on the back of our house in prep for me to prime/Perry to paint them.

30 week belly pictures:
I haven't been able to take any pictures in front of our fireplace lately (like I did in the beginning). We are still in the middle of many home improvement projects and it isn't pretty! This picture was taken 11/8 at our Annual Family Pictures photo shoot with "Our Photographer", my mother-in-law Debra! We snuck in a few of just me, but I'll share a LOT MORE sometime!

0 comments:

Post a Comment