11.20.2011

31 Weeks

How far along: 31 weeks (November 17, 2011)

Size of baby:

Photo Credit: Baby Center

Interesting Facts: This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs on average 3.3 to 4 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges^) and is heading into a growth spurt. From this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will gain about a 1/2 pound every week. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. You may even see an arm or a foot move slowly across your belly! Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
      Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: 18 1/2 lbs.

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: I felt his hiccups for the first time last Friday night while I was at work!! I also am getting a few jabs to the ribs and bladder.

What I miss: Being able to sit comfortably.

Sleep: So-so...

Symptoms: The knots & tightness in my back have returned- starting on my right flank, up around my shoulder blade with cramps in my right arm. Also back with a vengeance is the sharp pain in my tailbone. Have you ever tried to drive while sitting cockeyed on one hip?! Leg cramps.

Other Notes: My nails are growing like crazy. I do have the linea nigra line down my stomach which I've actually had for a few weeks but forgot to mention it!

Cravings: Ice & ice water. Breakfast food- bacon is back!!

What we are looking forward to: Our co-ed baby shower on Saturday!

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-Perry scrubbed the paint drips (big ones and the itty bitty microscopic ones) off the dining room floor & resealed it. We then moved the furniture back in place.
-I primed the exterior windows on the rear of our house and scrubbed & primed everything on 1 side of our house {unfortunately, the other side is a lot higher off the ground so I can't help Perry at all with it...}.
-Perry painted (1) the exterior rear windows, and (2) the second half of the front of our house! He did a great job. It's dark grey and we love it. Our house is brick, so it's the trim & a triangular-shaped section of vinyl siding that goes up to a pitch in the roof. It's been 1/2 white primer-1/2 grey for a year a while now... but we won't talk about that! *still to do: scrape, scrape, scrape around ALL the windows*
-I completed 2 more pages of our wedding album/photo book. I just need to make the time to finish it.
-We found an end table for the nursery! For less than $30, too! Still debating whether to leave it "as is" or get creative with it.
-We Perry also spotted 2 great wall decor items for Gabe's room while we were out & about today. He has such a good eye!

0 comments:

Post a Comment