11.08.2011

29 Weeks

How far along: 29 weeks (November 3, 2011)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: The Bump

Photo Credit: Baby Center
Interesting Facts: Measuring roughly 15 inches long, he weighs close to 2 1/2 lbs (like a butternut squash^). For the first time, his head is in proportion with the rest of his body! By 29 weeks, his brain can control his body's temperature. His eyes can move in his sockets and his muscles and lungs continue to mature. His bone marrow is now producing red blood cells and fat continues to develop under his skin.
      Credit: Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: No change on the scale...

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: He has been making some very BIG movements lately! I've made several attempts at videotaping my belly...

What I miss: Being able to eat a normal-sized meal without "needing a breather"!

Sleep: My new pregnancy body pillow has worked wonders! The first two nights I was actually more uncomfortable and got quite frustrated with it, but by the third night I had it figured out. The thing didn't come with directions (and I always read the directions) so it was trial and error. Now I love it! Perry named it "Elizabeth" (after my middle name! I think he enjoys cuddling with "her" when I'm at work). When I sleep during the day after working all night, I put Perry's pillow length-wise behind my back and then have the body pillow in front of me... it's cozy! Nothing beats leaning back against Perry though :)

Symptoms: Worsening muscle cramps in my right arm and tightness in my right upper back/shoulder blade/flank. I'm constantly extending my arm out, flexing my wrist and/or massaging my forearm and below my shoulder blade... 

Other Notes: It's been 2 weeks since my glucose tolerance test and I never got a phone call from my doc's office- as they say, no news is good news! No gestational diabetes or anemia for me!!; My belly is starting to feel heavy.

Cravings: Fruit (apples & oranges) and ice.

Best moment this week: My baby shower on Sunday!!! My Mom hosted it for all the Durr ladies (my Dad's side of the family)- it was lots of fun! Mom did a wonderful job on the decorations, food, and games- and everyone blessed our little one with thoughtful gifts!

What we are looking forward to: <3 Our 2nd wedding anniversary on the 7th <3; my next doctor's appointment and maybe getting to see Gabriel again {if I haven't gained weight, they will do another u/s. It's been 10 weeks since we've seen his precious little body!}.

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-Perry re-did all the shower plumbing
-Painted the living room *still to do: I need to put a final coat around the edges*
-Painted the dining room *still to do: I need to put a final coat on the trim & touch up the green above the chair rail*
-Perry changed all the receptacles in the nursery to tamper-resistant & bought outlet plugs

29 week belly pictures:

0 comments:

Post a Comment