12.03.2011

33 Weeks

How far along: 33 weeks (December 1, 2011)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: The Bump

Photo Credit: Baby Center
Interesting Facts: Measuring about 17 inches long, he weighs a little over 4, even 5lbs (heft a pineapple^, or a honeydew for the 8th month). And from this week, until 2 weeks before birth, he will gain about a half pound of weight every week. The bones in his skull are formed, but aren't fused. They actually don't fuse entirely until early adulthood, allowing room for his brain to grow through childhood. Because they aren't fused, the bones in his skull will be able to overlap, helping him to fit through the birth canal during delivery.     
       Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: 20 1/2 lbs.
 
Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: When Gabe moves around and/or I have a Braxton-Hicks contraction, Perry & I love feeling his body parts (head, back, butt, elbows?) and imagining we are actually holding him. He's quite the "squirmer".

Sleep: Not great. I've been exhausted lately but also having trouble sleeping being comfortable enough to sleep as much as I need & want to.

Symptoms: Indigestion; Sciatic nerve pain; Awful posterior pelvis pain, primarily on my right side. If it's flared up, the jolt when I sneeze or cough hurts me so bad; The pain on the right side of my ribs gets worse by the end of the "day" (whether it's a day I'm off or a night I'm working) so our guess is it's the cartilage aching from the weight of my belly.


Other Notes: I was a tiny bit worried that our little man Gabriel might really be a girl!! I say this only because of two funny coincidences that happened on Friday {I'm not seriously worried!}. As we were discussing the nursery's wall decor, Perry said "At least the 'G' will still work if Gabriel isn't really a boy because then it would be for 'Georgia'" (our girl name). Random! I said "yeah" and we laughed & moved on. But that same night Perry ordered Chinese food and the word on the back of his fortune was "daughter"!!!

Cravings: I'm still so thirsty and drinking a ton of ice water (and lemonade from Chickfila).

Best moment this week: Realizing that today starts December, which means next month we will finally meet our boy!!

What we are looking forward to: Meeting with 2 more pediatricians (more on that to come!); decorating for Christmas; and something else but I/we are not ready to blog about it yet. It's a trial but a blessing!

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-On Black Friday, Perry & I went to Michael's (and only Michael's- we aren't crazy shoppers!). We purchased frames for the 2 prints I ordered on Etsy, a few more for our gallery wall in the foyer, and a basket for the changing table.
-Perry ordered & installed the 3rd baby mirror to try in my car. The first 2 were cute as can be but did not work right with our headrests. This one is plain black but perfect!

33 Week Belly Picture:

0 comments:

Post a Comment