12.14.2011

35 Weeks

How far along: 35 weeks (December 15, 2011)

Size of baby:


Photo Credit: Baby Center
Interesting Facts: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon^) up to 6 pounds, depending on the source. Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.  
       Credit: Baby Center & Planning Family
 
Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: Kicks and stretches out under my right ribs. He gets the hiccups almost daily on the lower left side of my belly. I typically feel them in the late evening/early morning, between 9pm-2am!

Sleep: I've been sleeping well this week, but not feeling well-rested. I worked the past 3 nights in a row and I got a good 8-9 hours of sleep each day but I'm just worn. out!

Symptoms: The new one is heartburn; Stress on my bladder; Lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions; Itchy skin and a little numbness in places on my belly- such a weird feeling!

Cravings: Still ice water.

Best moment this week: Completing our Labor & Birth class at the hospital!! We chose the Weekend Intensive option (all day Saturday & Sunday- with lunch included!) which was a little mentally exhausting, but wham- bam- over and done with! Before I signed up for it I asked new Moms on Facebook and got mixed opinions on the benefits of the class, especially since I am nurse, but Perry & I are so glad we took it. Our class had 9 other couples and was such a fun group! We feel empowered with knowledge that we wouldn't otherwise have- questions to ask my doc, things to know when labor first starts, what to expect before/during/after the birth, our options with regards to different interventions, what Perry can do, and lots more. It also brought up things for Perry & I to discuss so we're totally on the same page on D-day!

What we are looking forward to: Christmas!! New Years! January!!!!!

Things checked off our "to-do" list:
-We picked our pediatrician!!
-Scheduled a tour of the hospital where I will deliver. The only available slot is on January 7th... pushing it mighty close!
-We returned/exchanged the last of the repeat gifts.
-I finished washing & putting away ALL Gabriel's baby clothes, blankets, etc.
-Mailed our Christmas cards & almost finished shopping!
-Perry cleaned out & organized "his" shed.

35 Week Belly Picture: 
I didn't take one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment