10.31.2011

28 Weeks = Officially In The 3rd Trimester!!!

How far along: 28 weeks (October 27, 2011)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: Baby Center

Interesting Facts: Measuring just under 15 inches long, he weighs 2 1/4 (like a Chinese cabbage^). He will continue to gain body fat in the coming weeks to prepare him for life outside of your womb. At 28 weeks, your baby can recognize your voice! He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. His brain is developing millions of neurons. The hair on his head continues to grow. Muscle tone in his body steadily develops, and even though his lungs are now capable of breathing air, it would be difficult for him if he were born now.
     Credit: Planning Family

Total Weight Gain: No change on the scale.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity pants (and only maternity pants!) and a mix of tops.

Gender: BOY!!! Gabriel Turner.

Movement: He is still very active, especially when I lay on my left side. And for longer periods of time lately- rolling, bouncing, and kicking all over my stomach! He's been pretty low but lately I have felt him come higher (above my belly button, right under my ribs!).

What I miss: Sleeping well...

Sleep: I had a few rough nights of discomfort & insomnia. I've been using a pillow between my legs but my belly is getting heavy and needs support (Gabriel is "all out front"). Perry suggested it was time to invest in a full-body pregnancy pillow to help with my alignment {I thought I could do without}. Hopefully next week I can report an improvement!
Boppy Total Body Pillow
Symptoms: Muscle cramps in my right arm; Tightness in my right shoulder blade down through my flank area; I had my first bout of indigestion...

Other Notes: My belly feels so tight- I wonder how I'm going to stretch more! Our little man is going to at least triple his weight in the next 2 months... I worry about stretch marks, but none thus far! I'm very excited to be in the third trimester now!!!

Cravings: Ice! Pica, yes, but at least it's not dirt!!

Best moment this week: Visiting with my Dad & Karlene and all going to the Fair together!

What we are looking forward to: My first baby shower, hosted by my sweet Momma, on Sunday!!!; Celebrating another year of marital bliss on our anniversary <3

28 week belly picture:

Not the usual belly pic. After setting up the crib bedding!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment