10.22.2011

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks (October 13, 2011- I'm catching up)

Size of baby:
Photo Credit: Baby Center

Interesting Facts: Measuring about 14 inches long, he weighs just less than 2 lbs! His lungs continue to develop and he is taking small breaths of amniotic fluid inside your womb. These small breaths are getting him in shape for his first breath of fresh air. His veins are visible through his transparent skin but soon that will change as his skin begins to turn opaque. The nerve pathways are becoming more and more developed, making him more responsive to sound. Don't be surprised if you feel him jump inside you if he is startled by a sudden noise. If you're having a boy, his testicles are descending into his scrotum this week {haha! That made us laugh}
     Credit: Planning Family

Maternity Clothes: I finally washed everything that Katie (a nurse my Mom works with) gave me, so I'm looking forward to having more clothing options! I pretty much live in 3 pairs of jeans and lounge pants for around the house.

Gender: BOY!!! 

Movement: He is a very active little man!

What I miss: Cold deli meat. I forget I can't have it until we buy some for Perry & I can smell it in the car as we drive home! It's just not the same microwaved.

Sleep: Good once I got this down- maneuver across our bedroom to the bathroom with eyes barely open, then plop back in bed and easily fall back asleep!

Symptoms: Muscle cramps, mostly in my right arm. It seems to get worse at night, but helps to stretch out my wrist and forearm; Having a hard time breathing bent over. I can no longer pull my leg straight up to put on my socks (esp. the compression stockings that I wear to work). I have to prop my ankle up on my other knee and put my sock on sideways!

Other Notes: No sign of stretch marks or swelling! My wedding rings feel the same as they always have. My belly button is an outie on the top, innie on the bottom (and it's noticeable in pictures and sometimes through my shirts!)

Cravings: Ice!

Best moment this week: Arranging all the nursery furniture and purchasing some accessories- we scored on a glider/ottoman and picked up some lamps & cute decor items!; Passing the 100-days-to-go mark on 10/10/11...the countdown begins!!!

What we are looking forward to: Next week's doctor's appt {although I'll be drinking the Glucola for my glucose tolerance test, which I'm not looking forward to}; going to the Fair & the Kellie Pickler concert with my Dad & Karlene!; Getting started on a few home improvement projects that we hope to complete before Gabe's arrival.

0 comments:

Post a Comment