8.14.2011

Sharing Our News!

Just hours after finding out that I was pregnant, Perry & I got to work finalizing how to surprise our parents. We wanted to tell them ASAP, so thankfully we already had a few creative ideas up our sleeves!! Like always, we wanted to do something original and unexpected. {I highly suggest giving this some thought if you are TTC so when the time comes, you aren't overly-frazzled trying to think of something}.

Our plan: put the announcement in the middle of a movie!

We used this for both Perry's parents and my Mom & Paul. We told them we had copied a Redbox movie {shhh!} that was hilarious and wanted to watch it again with them.

Perry edited Going The Distance to make it look like he accidentally messed up when copying it and the movie "restarted". First the film studio's intro, then "What's wrong with the video???" with a purposely-shaky & blurry background. As it slowly zoomed out, it said "A historic event has taken place... May 12, 2011" and there's my stomach & my hand holding the (+) pregnancy test!!! Then a video of us saying it loud & clear in case they hadn't already gotten it... "We're having a baby!!!".

Unfortunately I wasn't sly enough to set-up a hidden camera at Mom & Dad Whitaker's before everyone was in the room for the movie but we got them on the second go 'round! At my Mom & Paul's, I hid the video camera under my blanket then set it on the arm of my chair (sorry for the odd angle).

We devised a special plan for telling my Dad & Karlene. Since Mother's Day had just passed and Father's Day was coming up in the next month, we knew they wouldn't be suspicious about receiving gifts. In Karlene's bag: a baby stuffed animal cow and a jar of Prego spaghetti sauce. In Dad's bag: a John Deere tractor toy with cows & fencing and a Baby Ruth candy bar. {They have a cattle farm so the farmhouse kids' toys made perfect sense!}.

My brother, Jason, recently moved to the NC beach so we got him a gag gift of swim floaties, butt aid diaper cream and scented dirty diaper disposal bags!

For Perry's sister, Cassy, we ordered a message to be written on a dozen cupcakes (as a treat for the little girls who were staying with Nonny & PopPops for the weekend)!

For my best friend, Sara, I wrapped up an open box of tampons! Poor girl thought she was getting a nice birthday present... sorry girl! At the bottom of the bag I put a note explaining the odd gift.

For Perry's best friend, Baxter, he offered him a beer then served it to him in a baby bottle that said "Uncle Baxter"!


First just some pictures...

Perry's parents --> Nonny & PopPops


My Mom and Paul --> Grandma & Grandpa


My Dad and Karlene --> Papa & Nana


Uncle Jason




Cassy, Will, Little Lauren & Emily


Sara




And... the best part... the REACTIONS VIDEO!!!!



1 comments:

Perry Whitaker said...

Its a shame knowing how much work you much into this that more people don't look at it. I'm proud of you, and our family we created.

Post a Comment