2.28.2011

Very Merry Next Day

I was dreaming of a whiiiiiite Christmas, just like the ones I used to know... er, not so much- I grew up here in North Carolina, people; I read/heard somewhere that the last "white Christmas" NC had was in the mid-1960's!! It came late in the day but that still counts. I think we ended up with roughly 7, yes, seven inches of snow! Our pups had a blast playing in it the next morning! {Of course, Bella girl loves it}

View of our house from the street
Icicles hung from the roof {yes, 1/2 of our house is grey, 1/2 is still white primer = project #1 to be completed when the weather warms up!}

Autumn loves laying under the trailer


We ventured out to see how bad the roads were:
Hwy 70
Interstate 40

Perry drove, I took pictures

We made it safe & sound to Mom & Paul J's!! My brother Jason came as well but none of my step-siblings could make it to Chapel Hill. We exchanged gifts (white elephant/clean "dirty" Santa ones too!) and enjoyed each others company.

With Mom & Jason
Poor Paul wasn't feeling good

Zena!
Joker!
Modeling my new ruffled shawl
Perry's beautiful knife set

Jason's new watch
Jokie boy loves laps
Mom & her yellow Nine West purse: she's so stylish!
Trying to get puppy kisses from Zena
*Smooch*
Laughing about Jason's "gag gift", a kid's tooth-brushing set. Mom loved it though!
"No penguins?!" {I reused an insulated box from when my Dad gave us deer meat & veggies from his garden. Illiterate people will know that you should not freeze whatever is inside the box... Hah! The words "refrigerate, do not freeze" do the trick otherwise.}
I got a Snuggie LOL
Mom & I being silly with the gigantic blanket with gigantic sleeves and gigantic pockets
It makes you look crazy TALL!
I have no idea what we were going for here...
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment