6.28.2012

Gabriel at 5 Months Old!

He gets cuter and cuter every day!!!






Likes:
-One specific thing that I wrote down is Gabriel liked being held in the standing position

New skills:
-Rubbed his eyes when he was tired
-Rolled & chewed on his tongue

Eating:
At 20 weeks old, a week before he turned 5 months, Gabe started solid food! I wrote in more detail in his 6-Month post. In general, he was a good eater as always!

Sleeping:
Gabe woke up around 8:00 every morning. He took a morning nap and an afternoon nap, lasting anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 1/2 hours! Most nights he was down around 9:30pm but wasn't sleeping through the night anymore. *sigh*... He woke up hungry ~12:00am even after encouraging him to eat a lot in the few hours before bedtime. On nights I worked (I was doing night shift at the time), I still nursed him right before leaving, then he ate 1 or 2 6-ounce bottles for Perry before going down for the night. Often times he would wake up at midnight and eat again. Sometimes he would be hungry by 4:00am, other times not until 6:00am. Or other times he will skip the midnight feeding and wake up at 2:00am and then up for the day at 8:00am. Each night was different!

Hair & Eyes:
His cradle cap finally cleared up a few weeks after he turned 4 months old.

Randoms:
-Looking back through pictures from the month helps my memory. Funny story: While I got Gabriel's bath water ready in the sink, Perry undressed him in his room. As soon as they walked back into the kitchen, Gabe started to pee! Neither one of us knew what to do! Perry was already holding him facing forward so he just held him out and let him finish peeing on the floor... We were laughing so hard, I didn't even think to grab a washcloth or towel to catch it, but I did make them stand there so I could take pictures (that cannot be shared!) before cleaning up the mess!!
-Gabriel was 5 months old for Perry's 1st Father's Day and the 4th of July!!


1 comments:

KG said...

He's so cute!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I think you can follow via google plus as well. Google changed their Google reader so I just follow blogs through bloglines.

Post a Comment