6.01.2012

My FIRST Mother's Day!

I celebrated my first EVER Mother's Day on Gabriel's 4-month birthday!!! It was a wonderful day full of emotions. I love this sweet little man who made me a "Mommy" more than words can describe (if you're a Mom, you know what I mean! It's one of those things that you just can't fully understand until you live it).

Perry took every opportunity to make me feel special and have a memorable day!!! He was so excited about the gift he made for me that he showed me a day early- he compiled a video slideshow of Gabriel from birth to present!! The song he chose was You Inspire Me by Warren Barfield. It was beautiful & heartfelt, and I love that it's something I will always have to remember my first Mother's Day. On Sunday, he did a wonderful job planning things out; I felt like a queen and could not stop smiling all day!

Morning
He brewed coffee for me (not unusual- he does this almost daily) while I searched for my gifts hidden all around the house. There was a card from him and a card from Gabriel (perfect, I love that) and purple SkullCandy ear buds, 2 dancing games for PS3 Move, Mary Kay cleanser, and a case for my tablet. The tablet was technically an early Mother's Day gift, too!

Phone pics from the morning! Gabe was not happy that I was taking pictures instead of picking him up.

After opening my presents, we headed off to church! Deb & Phil go to the same church so we were able to spend some time with Perry's Mom for Mother's Day also. We love you, Mom W!! We took pictures outside before heading home for the next surprise!



Afternoon
Right when we got home from church, Perry said he needed to run back out somewhere and left Gabriel & I at home. He told me to change out of my skirt into something more comfortable and be ready to go. What was he up to?? He wasn't gone long and seemed sort of rushed as we all left the house again together. As we turned into a local park, I said excitedly, "A walk?!!" and "Did you bring the stroller?" but he says "No...(pause) we're having a picnic!" Woohoo!!!! I LOVE picnics but it's not something Perry is really into so we don't have them very often- or ever. Turns out he was in a hurry because it was supposed to rain later that afternoon! He had been checking the hourly weather updates; thankfully, we didn't get rained out! It was so much fun being with my hubby & my baby, sitting out in the grassy field on a blanket, enjoying the outdoors, eating the Jersey Mikes subs, corn chips & Coke (that he picked up when he left by himself). Oh, I should add that he had everything in a basket and gave me a bouquet of flowers! So sweet.


Evening
We spent the evening in Chapel Hill with my Mom and stepdad Paul. We made her a travel mug personalized with black & whites of us and her (she's holding it up in a picture below). Gabriel gave her a bouquet of flowers! It was fun being together and celebrating both of us being Mothers! We love you Momma!!



I will never forget my first Mother's Day  ♥  It was perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment