1.16.2013

He Did It!!!

Perry graduated from college on December 15, 2012. I am SO VERY PROUD of him! He was determined to reach his goal and remained dedicated even when it wasn't easy. He returned to college after 5 years in law enforcement to pursue a different career pathway. This degree was a huge personal accomplishment but also a stepping stone for our family's growth. Way to go, babe!!!

During the ceremony :) and right after!

Gabriel was very well-behaved during the ceremony {made his Mommy & Daddy proud}. I was apprehensive because he had never sat through anything similar and can be fidgety and then fussy if you don't let him get down. Perry had to arrive early so I planned to go in when the doors were first opened to reserve seats. Thankfully Mom & Dad W came early, too, and went in to save seats because Gabriel napped in his car seat! I stayed in the car and let him sleep until 10 minutes before the ceremony start time so we could get inside in time. He sat in my lap the whole time {love my "Momma's Boy"!! He was so snuggly and kept laying his head on my chest and wouldn't let anyone else hold him}. He barely made a peep. Other babies/kids were loud and disruptive at times (and it didn't seem like their parents did anything!). He stayed entertained with a program, looking at the people sitting around us, and when necessary, he had his paci.

Gabriel has a thing for hats... and ones with tassels are even more fun!


The graduate and his guests. Our little family, his Mom, his Dad, his sister-in-law Sue (his brother couldn't make it), and my Mom & stepdad

I made dinner reservations for later that evening in order for us to go home for Gabriel's nap. {All the colleges/universities in our area had their graduation ceremonies on the same day, making it nearly impossible to get a decent timed reservation. Even a couple weeks in advance, getting in at Perry's first choice restaurant, Maggianos, was a no go :( I felt so guilty for disappointing him!}. Perry doesn't like parties and instructed me not to get a cake, decorations or anything. But... I snuck out and bought him 2 balloons (just for the front porch) anyway! We ended up at his 3rd choice, The Aviator, for dinner and it was great!

These two are my favorite people!! I could take hundreds of pictures of them. If they Perry let me. Look how handsome/cute they are!!


My Dad and stepmom weren't able to make it down from Virginia for the ceremony but did join us for dinner! We all had a blast and of course, everyone enjoyed watching Gabe. Papa (my Dad) gave him a rib bone to gnaw on... he loved it! He also had a good time walking around the restaurant with Nonny (Mom W). I'll add more pictures of everyone else when I can get copies of the ones Mom & Dad W took. Congratulations, Perry!!! You deserve this success.

0 comments:

Post a Comment