4.22.2012

Easter

Gabriel's Easter outfit was blue & orange overall shorts with a white polo shirt- so cute! I paid less than $5 for it at Kid to Kid. Score! At the last minute as we were hurrying out the door for church, I remembered we had a white bunny hat that Gabe had never worn. It was the perfect touch for Easter but a little snug on his big head!

A quick shot of my cute boy (in Nonny's arms) during the service
Our Pastor met Gabriel for the first time after church. Hilarious (now) and horribly embarrassing story: while Pastor Doug was holding Gabe facing him, he spit up. All down the front of his shirt! And some went splat on the floor. Pastor Doug was so merciful! He kept saying it was not a big deal, that he always had a change of clothes in his office. Now that's something we'll always remember!


We took some pictures with Grandma and Nonny & Boo before going our separate ways for the rest of the day! How awesomely bold is my Mom's hat? Loved it. Quite a few ladies were wearing their "Easter hats" that morning.



The Easter Bunny brought Gabe some goodies! I had a LOT of fun putting together this Easter basket. A 3 mo. old doesn't need or want or use a whole lot, though. He got a stuffed bunny rattle, an Elmo bath book, bedtime baby lotion, sunglasses, an O'ball, and a few empty plastic eggs :) Daddy picked out his Easter basket robot tin bucket {we use it for toy storage now}. I used to make Perry an Easter basket, but didn't this year since we have a kid now. Sorry dear!


What Daddy and Gabriel really thought of the sunglasses!



Perry & I played basketball that afternoon. If I remember correctly, I won HORSE. He won GABRIEL. But then I won GABE, the tie breaker (just like the game HORSE, we just thought it was more fun to spell out our son's name). I made an unusual amount of my shots, even with a baby in one arm! It was approaching Gabe's nap time so we let him sleep in his vibration seat in the shade.

Precious sleepy boy.

Happy 1st Easter, Gabriel Turner!! We hope in the years to come, you appreciate this day of celebration of the resurrection of the Lord, Jesus Christ!

0 comments:

Post a Comment