4.04.2012

My DIY Baby Mobile

When I revealed pictures of the nursery here, I had not yet started finished the mobile. I put the project off until the last weekend before Gabriel's due date and never had the chance to do it! Yes, I'm a procrastinator. Anyway, when he was ~2 weeks old, the 3 of us headed out, mainly because I was getting cabin fever. We took turns staying in the car with the baby because he was still too little to go into public/crowded places; I ran into Michael's to get the supplies for the mobile, then Perry went into Target to pick up a few things.

In my search for unique mobiles, I found this DIY on Chic Spaces For Little Faces! It's basically a million circles cut out of scrapbook paper, threaded onto fishing line and hung from wooden dowels. I worked on it for an hour here, 30 minutes there for a few days... a newborn keeps you busy! The materials list and instructions with pictures were so helpful! I LOVE how mine turned out!!

View from the door


Now that Gabe is a lot more aware of his surroundings, he enjoys looking at it & watching it flutter when the fan {also one of his obsessions} is turned on!

1 comments:

HUBZ said...

It looks really professional!

Post a Comment