3.13.2011

Very Merry Virginia

{This post should have been included with all of my "Very Merry" Christmas posts, but I just found the pictures!} Our visit to my Daddy & Karlene's farm!
Rambo {with his orange scarf is so hunters do not shoot him!}

Perry, Rambo & Kar playing frisbee

He's a jumper. Don't have a frisbee? He'll settle for a big snowball!

Perry & Dad working with the bulls!

While the guys corralled the bulls & loaded those big bad boys on a trailer and drove them down the road to another part of the farm {and bonded over a can of ice cold beer}, Karlene & I went for a walk with Rambo. On our way back, Rambo's nose found a particular spot in the grass and just couldn't get enough! Karlene wiped her work-gloved finger through what we thought was blood {no big deal to her, but ew}. Yep, 'twas blood. We trekked through the brush along side of the field in search of more blood/tracks/an injured or dead animal, but didn't find anything. Kar suspected someone shot a deer from the road {apparently this has been an issue; my Dad doesn't mind hunters using his other properties with permission but this one he wants to be a "safe zone" for their future home site & all}.


As we were walking away, I noticed tire tracks that just "stopped". From the point where it ended back to the blood spot in the grass was approximately the size of a truck! My Dad was not happy to hear that someone drove onto his land, loaded up a deer they shot into the bed of their truck, and backed-up outta there. Don't mess with my Daddy!

I took pictures of the evidence to show Dad that night

Karlene made a delicious squash casserole {with (frozen) yellow squash from their garden!} and mac 'n cheese, and Dad grilled steaks! We watched:

and had a great time just visiting since we don't get up to see them as often as we'd like!

1 comments:

Marian said...

Hey Lauren! Thanks for stopping by my blog! The etsy seller with the tables does still exist - here's the link - http://www.etsy.com/shop/jrobbinsbarnworks - I actually ended up finding my table on Craiglist for about $200 and I love it! Good luck.

Post a Comment