12.03.2010

Oh Happy Day!





Perry Britton's birthday was a little bit ago at the end of November October September August! Regardless, my




dear husband is 26 now!!















There were several celebrations with family & friends in his honor.























Since I had to leave for work early (I was still on day shift then), I left the birthday boy a surprise to wake up to: red streamers and lots of balloons strewn all over the floor of our living room! We were mid-way through the project of painting trim so please ignore the mess...





Heartfelt homemade cards from his sister Cassy & her sweet girls Lauren & Emily

Perry with his chocolate-chocolate cake decorated with peanut butter M&M's! I'm pretty sure I performed a solo of "Happy Birthday" before allowing him to blow out the candle


A few days later we went out for dinner at the Carolina Ale House with some of his boys. They didn't seem keen on posing for a picture so this is what I ended up with (without the flash to be polite to other diners)!

Baxter & Luke

Chris and Baxter

Me, Perry & Jon. Hah!


Beer + "Birthday Nachos" = vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, Oreo crumbles & chocolate syrup over greasy nacho chips. Our stomachs were upset that night...



 After dinner, we moved on for a couple of drinks & a few rounds of pool! I wasn't the only girl for the whole night- Jon's girlfriend Ivey met up with us downtown but we didn't get any pictures together :(






 This year Perry took part in a family tradition that's been around since I was itty bitty. For your birthday dinner, you can have whatever you want- no rules! I would not be way off in guessing that 90% of the meals my Mom and Dad prepared included at least one meat, one starch, one veggie, and often a salad. With milk to drink. But that goes out the window on your birthday. YOU pick!

My Mom & Paul had us over for a yummy meal of beer-butt chicken, sauteed zucchini, broccoli, mashed potatoes & salad followed by Momma's homemade cheesecake! 



After dinner, Paul was really hot.





Blowing out the candles as we sing to him!


His last cake- yes, he got three birthday cakes!- was a tasty strawberry shortcake that his Mom Debra made for him when we stopped by his parent's house on the next night!





HAPPY-BIRTHDAY-BLOG-POST (super duber BELATED) TO MY HUBBY!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment