7.31.2010

Telephone orders

I have been employed as a nurse for 2 weeks, but spent a majority of that time in class, listening to representatives speak about each & every department within the hospital, or reviewing paperwork with my supervisor and other fellows on my floor. Yesterday and today I actually cared for patients!! Today was an improvement from yesterday, which is all I can ask for this early in the game :) I have experienced a few distinct differences in working as a RN as opposed to being a student nurse in clinicals. Today, I was THRILLED to be able to take a telephone order! Patient had a problem - paged the MD - MD called back, asked for pt's nurse... that's ME! - orders given - clarified the orders - wrote them in the chart as a "telephone order" and signed my name. Awesome! It's the little things...

Tomorrow, Perry and I are heading down to a South Carolina beach for my cousin Sarah's wedding. [Sadly we will be missing Perry's niece's 7th birthday party tomorrow *Happy birthday, little Lauren! We love you!*] We are really looking forward to this mini get-away, albeit we are only staying for 1 night :( Details and pictures to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment