5.11.2014

Weeks 33-36

Size of baby: pineapple --> cantaloupe --> honeydew --> romaine lettuce. Almost 6 pounds and around 17-18 1/2 inches long! April 14-May 5.  

Gender: little GIRL!!! Georgia Jane.

Total Weight Gain: 24 pounds

Maternity Clothes: My maternity jeans (I only have 2 pairs that I wear/like) are getting snug but it's so warm already I'm mostly wearing maternity shorts.

Movement: I think she is choreographing dance routines in there. When she moves, it's almost constant! Then she sleeps.

What I miss:  a cold Jersey Mike's sub. Sleeping on my stomach.

Symptoms:
Week 33- Pubic symphisis pain
Week 34- Nothing significant
Week 35- Seems like she is lower, perhaps the cause of the new pinching pain in my left posterior hip that shoots down my leg like a lightning bolt! Still have the constant ache in my right posterior hip; Woke up by a leg cramp that would not go away for ~30 minutes
Week 36- A lot more uncomfortable Braxton Hicks contractions

Doctor's Appointments:
At my 34 (and a half) week appointment, the doctor said my belly was measuring at 33 1/2. We figure maybe she'll be smaller than Gabriel? But then at my 36 week appt, it was right on track at 36cm. Her heart rate usually fluctuates between 130-140's and she's definitely head down!

Cravings: Nothing notable.

Best moments: Just before my 33-week mark, the custom crib bedding and changing pad cover arrived! It was actually the same day as my baby shower so when Perry came to pick me up after it, he brought along one more present- a giant gift bag! It was so sweet that he thought to wrap it up to surprise me! Since we had her bedding, we could finally make more progress in her room. We changed up the furniture until we found the arrangement we liked best. We pulled down bins full of baby stuff from the attic and took out what we can use again (swing, Boppy, Bumbo, bottles, toys, a few gender neutral clothes). I washed everything of hers and organized her drawers. Perry painted a big, awesome canvas!! I did a DIY art project and framed it; Easter festivities!; Made goody bags for my labor & delivery and postpartum nursing staff.

What we are looking forward to: Mother's Day {my last to share with just Gabriel so it's bittersweet!}; reaching the 37 week full-term mark; meeting our daughter!

36 week belly picture:

0 comments:

Post a Comment