10.31.2012

Halloween: Gabriel the Greaser

I scoured Pinterest for costume ideas for Gabriel's 1st Halloween and ran some by Perry, but nothing struck us. Then Perry suggested a Greaser. I envisioned the 1950's style- think white t-shirt, leather jacket, cuffed jeans- on our baby... Perfect!! It would be relatively easy to put together, too. My Mom always made (sewed) amazing Halloween costumes for me & my brother, but I gave myself a break on the first one for our first kid. It was more for us to enjoy his cuteness than for him, anyway.

*White onesie- already owned
*Wrangler jeans- already owned (but never worn)
*Leather jacket- harder to find in size 12 months than I expected; ordered on eBay for ~$35 (expensive in my opinion but he's worth it!)
*Converse sneakers- ordered on eBay for ~$20
*Hair- slicked back with gel & a comb
*Hot rod- already owned

Seriously? SO CUTE.



Oh-I dressed up too. It was a Mommy & me date! The poodle skirt I wore was made by my Mom for one of my Halloween costumes (maybe around age 12?)!! It didn't still fit, of course; I cut the elastic waist and a slit down the side to fit it over my mommy-hips, secured it with safety pins, and wore a long sweater to hide my lovely "alterations"!

After taking pictures at our house, we headed to a local park for Trick-or-Treat The Trails. Local businesses, organizations and churches set up tables along a walking path to hand out candy (and brochures).

Love this picture of us.
Grandma // Boo & Nonny // everyone on the trail!
These guys have my ♥
And just for fun... there were two things that Gabriel was not sure he wanted to pose with...


0 comments:

Post a Comment