5.13.2011

Gas

As you may know, Perry & I had all new heat & air components installed back in February. Prior to that, electric space heaters warmed whichever room we were in and we frequently had cozy fires going in the fireplace. All that and our gas bill for mid-November to mid-December was still $78.

The next billing cycle was the worst. According to the bill from PSNC Energy, the average regional temp from December-January was 36*F. Although the thermostat was set at the same still-too-cold- for-me-to-be- comfortable-if-we- are-truly-being-honest-here temperature, our old rickety unit used more therms and cranked into overdrive, costing us $201.

January-February was a little better at $117. I'm pretty sure I wore my absolutely not sexy plush bathrobe a lot in January.

Our February-March bill was $69. Here starts the change in our usage since the new stuff was put in!!! Basically, the first half of this billing cycle (Feb 12-28) was with the old, the second half (March 1-14) with the new. 

From mid-March to mid-April, we only owed $44! 

I will be taking note of our bills come this December so I can actually compare apples to apples {which is a fun board game, btw!}.

0 comments:

Post a Comment