11.01.2010

South Carolina

Perry & I took an overnight roadtrip to South Carolina for my cousin's wedding... 3 months ago, okay?! I'm way behind on this thing.   The drive was lovely, except for the fact that I-95 was grid-locked for miles. We ended up finding a "detour" route- thanks for our GPS- on a two lane country road through way too many small towns. But, we made it! I loved these trees.

Sarah, the second-eldest cousin on my Dad's side, and her dear husband Matthew were married 5 years ago but always wanted a special gathering to bring their families & friends together in celebration of their union. On July 31, they had their wedding in Folly Beach, SC. The recommitment ceremony was beautiful, held in a quaint old Methodist church (they met when Matthew was attending Methodist University in Fayetteville, NC where Sarah's parents live!).
The wedding party from L to R: Matt's brother-in-law from England, Sarah's brother/my cousin Lucas, Matt's friend, Sarah, Matt, Sarah's sister/my cousin Emily, Matt's friend, and Sarah's cousin from her Mom's side Michael

Parents of the Bride, my Uncle Tom & Aunt Lorraine!



Papa Durr
*Sweet tradition: a single white rose at your wedding in memory of Nana. He gave me one at our reception, and Sarah just received hers above*


Futbol! Little Jack was showing sure signs of British talent at just over 1 year old!


Afterward, the party moved to an impressive beach house! Perry & I enjoyed seeing everyone and meeting Matthew's family who traveled all the way from England & Scotland!

The Durr side (minus the rest of my immediate family...)
Sarah looked gorgeous as always! Awesome flowy gown


Becca & Clare, the youngest of the grandchildren- they are turning into little ladies!



Cheesy grin ;)


 The evening's entertainment was great!


Family pictures were placed all over the house... I know I was not alone in missing my Nana that day (shown laughing & hugging my Papa in the backyard of their old house on Oak Island); I would have been so proud to introduce my sweet Nana to Perry, and my dear Perry to Nana. ♥



Toasts & Thank You's

The next morning after a yummy breakfast courtesy of my Aunt & Uncle and the rest of the rowdy bunch staying at the house, Perry & I hit the road... to Charleston!!! We spent just a few hours walking around the city. After grabbing lunch at a fun sports bar & grille downtown, we left to drive the rest of the way home (on I-95 this time!)


We couldn't find the deck where our precious little air-conditioned E was parked- the sweltering heat was getting to us.



0 comments:

Post a Comment